Why Donate to RFB?
Radio Free Brooklyn is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that is entirely volunteer owned and operated, and receives funding from our listener community. Your donation is tax-deductible and each dollar we receive goes to sustaining our operation by helping to pay for things like:
- Media education programs for youth and local residents
- Monthly rent of our studio in the Bushwick neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY
- Maintaining and replacing our studio equipment (mics, mixing boards, computers, etc.)
- Covering the cost of our utilities (electricity, internet, etc.)
- Providing budgets to produce off-site events in the community
A monthly pledge is the best way to help, but of course we love one-time donations as well.
Other ways to help
Amazon shoppers can sign up to have RFB receive a portion of your sale as a charitable contribution. This costs you nothing – all you need to do is sign up to have Radio Free Brooklyn as your donee, and then start each shopping session at smile.amazon.com
Micro-donations to our Patreon campaign are small, easy monthly contributions that mean the world to us. You can choose to contribute $1, $5, or $10 each month, and we’ve got some great little perks for our micro-donors. Please add your dollar to the hat.
Radio Free Brooklyn is always in need of "stuff" and, who knows, maybe you've got some of this stuff laying around. We're particularly interested in cars, cds and records, headphones, computer & audio equipment, musical instruments, and tools. Contact us if you can help.